“With its powerful gun and thick armor, the Tank is a real war machine! Due to its weight, each Tank needs extra Energy to land ashore. Cannons, Boom Cannons and Boom Mines deal double damage to Tanks”
- The Tank is the fifth troop to unlock in the game. They are unlocked at Headquarters level 11.
- The Tank has slow movement speed but very high health, high DPS per troop (but relatively average DPS per Landing Craft space), and long range.
- Each Tank costs two Gunboat Energy to deploy.
- If used properly, Tanks in large numbers are almost unstoppable.
- Tanks + Medics can be a very effective strategy because the Tanks have high health and high damage, backed up by Medics that will constantly heal them. Once any high-damage defensive buildings, such as Cannons and Boom Cannons, are destroyed, the Tanks are practically invulnerable.
- Grenadiers are also effective with tanks, as they can destroy front-line Cannons safely. With luck, they can also destroy boom mines. However, this strategy is time consuming.
- Using Tanks requires you to have high-level Artillery and Barrage and a good amount of Gunboat Energy because you rely heavily on both of these to take out Boom Cannons and Cannons.
- When Artillery and Barrages become too expensive, a good way to take out Cannons safely is to Shock Bomb them and then Flare your Tanks to it. The Cannon will be quickly destroyed before it can attack.
- Take advantage of the Tank’s long range to destroy economy and support buildings to get the crucial Gunboat Energy you need, making sure to keep out of range of nearby heavy defenses.
- When using a Tank army, use Flares to move away from Boom Mines, or Barrage/Artillery them first.
- There is usually no need to worry about Cannons on the other side of the Headquarters. The Tanks can easily destroy the Headquarters while staying out of range of the Cannon using their long range.
- Flamethrower are generally no threat because the Tank’s attack range is longer than the Flamethrower’s. This allows the Tank to shoot it without the Flamethrower shooting back. Be careful, however, of targeting buildings behind the Flamethrower because your Tanks may move within range of its attack.
- If you have a large amount of Tanks, some may be pushed into its range.
- Your biggest enemy against Tanks is time. They have a very low damage-to-size output, so if the enemy Headquarters is deep enough inside the base you simply may not be able to blow stuff up fast enough to get to it and destroy it before the timer runs out.
- Be careful of high level Shock Launchers. They can slow Tanks down significantly.
- High-level Boom Cannons, Cannons, and Sniper Towers can boost your chance of surviving a Tank raid. Keep them somewhat spread out so that they cannot be Shock Bombed together and oneBarrage cannot damage all of them.
- Carefully spread out your Boom Mines across your base to ensure that Tanks cannot easily maneuver around them.
- Protect your economy and support buildings as much as possible. Tank armies need the Gunboat Energy they receive from destroying them to power their Barrages and Artillery shells needed to destroy your Boom Cannons and Cannons. Running out of Gunboat energy can quickly spoil the whole attack.
- Shock Launchers are a vital defense. The long stun time and the Tank’s slow speed may lead to an attacker running out of time in an attack.
- The Tank was invented during WWI.
- Although the Tank is unlocked at HQ level 11, you can only upgrade Landing Crafts to level 11 at HQ level 11, which has size 15 which is only one short of holding two Tanks, rendering them much less powerful at this level. This discourages many players from using Tanks until they reach HQ level 12.
- Its very strange the tank only has one crew or appear to only fit one crew, as tanks require at least three men to operate.
- The tank’s icon shows it as being entirely blue, while as it is actually olive green with blue details.
|Mortar||Sniper Tower||Rocket Launcher||Machine Gun||Flamethrower|
|Cannon||Boom Cannon||Boom Mine|
|Unit Size||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Range||Attack Speed||Headquarters Level Required|
|8||24m||Slow / 150||Long / 820||3.5s||11|
|Level||Hitpoints||DPS||Damage per Shot||Training Cost||Research Cost||Armory||Research Time||Instant||XP Gain|