Protect your troops with a Smoke Screen. Troops inside the smoke can move, but cannot fire or be fired upon.
- The Smoke Screen is the 6th weaponry unlocked for the Gunboat .
- Troops can walk in the Smoke Screen unattacked, but they cannot attack either.
- Smoke Screens can be used to protect Troops like Zookas that come under fire from defenses that are dangerous to them or to protect Troops as they rush to the Headquarters.
- A good strategy is Warriors, Smoke Screens, and Flares.
- Use Smoke Screens to protect the Warriors while directing them to the Headquarters with a Flare.
- Having some gaps between your Smoke Screens is okay because Troops will still be covered by smoke for about half a second after they leave it.
- The Smoke Screen is good for approaching defenses that you cannot reach easily without getting noticed by the other defenses (e.g. getting to a far away Rocket Launcher when there are two Flamethrowers in the way).
- This is mostly useful in Operations when you need a certain Defense taken out.
- The Smoke Screen will not block damage from Mines or Boom Mines. Hence you still have to be wary of them when using Smoke Screens, as Smoke Screens do not make your troops invincible.
- The Smoke Screen will not shield your Troops from incoming projectiles which were fired before the Smoke Screen. If a defense fires at your Troops before the Smoke Screen is deployed, the projectile will continue on its original path and deal damage to what it was aiming at.
- A Smoke Screen also will not protect your troops in the line of fire of a Lazor Beam, regardless of when the Smoke Screen is deployed.
- Troops under a Smoke Screen can still be damaged by splash damage defenses if the shot hits a troop just outside the smoke. The damage that splashes on to Troops inside the smoke will not be blocked.
- If you choose to retreat, use Smoke Screens on your Troops to prevent damage to them while they are running to the Landing Craft to minimize casualties.
- If a troop is low on health and is getting hit by defense(s), place a Smoke Screen on it so that the defense(s) switch targets/stop targeting it.
- The higher the level, the longer it lasts. Each upgrade increases the duration of the Smoke Screen by 1 second.
- It has no visual differences.
- Medics can heal other Troops while inside a Smoke Screen.
- The Smoke Screen resets troops’ attack cooldown; therefore, when the Smoke Screen wears off, all troops that were under it will attack in sync.
- Smoke Screens have been used for years in both land and naval warfare.
|Number of Shots||Energy Cost
||Cumulative Energy Cost