“The Cryoneer freezes enemy buildings, slowing them down and dealing moderate damage. Be careful, as your own troops can get hit by the Freeze Beam!”
- The Cryoneer is unlocked at Headquarters level 20, making it the ninth troop to unlock, and currently the last one to be unlocked.
- It shoots Freeze Beams from a moderate range with a beam-rake effect similar to a Lazor Beam, slowing any defenses and troops that come in its way, also dealing low damage to buildings.
- They do not deal damage to troops.
- The firing rate of frozen enemy turrets is reduced by 50%.
- Unlike other area-of-effect troops such as the Grenadier their weapons do not trigger Mines.
- Cryoneers will spread themselves out to cover as many targets as possible. Keep this in mind.
- Due to their low damage per second, they are not recommended to be used alone. Combine them with Zookas or other high-damage troops to alleviate this.
- Since they slow down the firing rate of enemy turrets effectively dropping their damage output by a percentage instead of a raw number, they are endlessly useful for supporting other troop formations like Heavy-Zooka even on bases with very high damage boosts like Gearheart or upper-level Operation bases, unlike Medics whose raw-point-value healing effect gets quickly overpowered in these situations. The Heavy-Zooka-Cryo formation is very, very effective.
- Cryoneers have moderate health so a Cannon or Boom Cannon can take her down in one shot if it is high-leveled.
- Due to this moderate amount of health, a few salvos from a Rocket Launcher or a few shots from Mortars may also work on wiping out a few Cryoneers at once.
- Avoid clustering defenses whenever possible because this provides Cryoneers the opportunity to freeze more defenses at once.
- They are currently the fastest-firing troop. However, this only accounts for when the beam is being shot. There is an approximate 3.5 second delay in between attacks.
- The name ‘Cryoneer’ may be a pun of ‘Cryo’ and ‘Engineer’.
- The Cryoneer has dozens of catchphrases which can be viewed by tapping her info button in the Armory. Almost every single one of these is either a reference, a pun, or both. They include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ice. Ice. Baby
- Allow Me To Break The Ice
- All The Cool Kids Are Doing It
- You Don’t Need Hot Pants To Look Cool
- I’m A Special Snowflake
- Let It Snow
- Winter is Coming
- Let It Go
- Science is Cool
- Humble Pie Served Cold
- I’m A Stone Cold Freezer
- My Game Froze!
- Cool It, Hot Stuff
- Snowblinded Me With Science
- Cool Party!
- Iceberg Right Ahead
- Cold Spell Coming
- The Ice Age Is Coming
- Feel The Chill
- The Cryoneer is the most expensive troop to fill up a fully upgraded set of Landing Craft (672,000 gold for maximum level Cryoneers; maximum level Grenadiers’ 608,000 is a close second).
|Unit Size||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Range||Attack Speed||Headquarters Level Required|
|Level||Hitpoints||DPS||Damage per Shot||Beam Extension Technology||Training Cost||Research Cost||Armory||Research Time||Instant||XP Gain|