“Launch these robotic troopers to distract and destroy enemy buildings.”
- The Critters ability is currently the seventh and last Gunboat Weapon unlocked for the Gunboat at Headquarterslevel 19.
- The Critters ability releases many small drones that can distract and attack buildings.
- Critters cannot be healed by the Medkit or the Medic. They also will not follow Flares.
- Magma statues will not increase the health and DPS of the Critters.
- Critters, if deployed while troops are also deployed, serve as a distraction to the defensive buildings. Those buildings would then fire upon and destroy the Critters instead of your troops.
- Critters can be used as an alternative to the Shock Bomb. Deploy them on a vital defense that is targeting your troops to distract it. Be sure that not too many defenses are guarding said area.
- Flamethrowers and other fast-firing defenses will destroy the Critters fairly easily and quickly, so Critters are best used to distract slow-firing defenses like Boom Cannons.
- Critters can also be used to clear Mines and/or Boom Mines as an alternative to using Barrage or Artillery.
- They can also be used as a substitute against a building that has low health and if the energy cost of the next Critter shot is cheaper than either Artillery or Barrage.
- Be careful when attempting to distract Mortars, Rocket Launchers and Shock Launchers, as firing Critters directly at them will not work due to their blind spot. Instead, fire the Critters close enough to the defense as to attract the attention of the defense, but far enough as such that they will not enter the defenses’ blind spot. To prevent them from entering their blind spots when they land, it is best to deploy them on another building outside the blind spot.
- Do not worry about your Critters after you deploy them, as they will not follow Flares or be healed by Medkits, so it can be hard to help them. Also, it does not matter if some die, as you will not waste time and gold on training new ones.
- Do not leave your Economy and Support Buildings unprotected. Critters can be used to gain lots of free energy while remaining away from defenses.
- Place Machine Guns and Flamethrowers near defenses that are likely to be targeted by Critters. Machine Guns andFlamethrowers will kill the Critters quickly, reducing their effectiveness.
- Critters appear as small blue robots with two gun barrels in front and four legs.
- Each upgrade increases the number of Critters deployed per shot by one.
- Defenses seem to prioritize Critters. If a defense is firing at troops, and Critter(s) enter its range, it will typically switch targets to the Critter(s) after its next shot.
- Critters also wander around your home base in the same way as the wildlife.
- During an upgrade, they appear to walk around the building that is under construction/being upgraded unless it is an aquatic building.
- If you retreat with Critters still on the battlefield, any remaining Critters will die.
- This also occurs if they are deployed during a retreat.
- However if they have been hit by a Shock Bomb they will not die until the Shock Bomb wears off, after which they will die off one by one and not all at once.
- Critters do not count towards casualties if they die.
- Even with the searchlight, they cannot fire through Smoke Screens.
|Critter Movement Speed||Critter HP||Critter DPS||Critter Attack Range||Critter Attack Speed|
|Level||Critters Deployed||Research Cost||Armory||Research Time||Instant||XP Gain|
|Number of Shots||Energy Cost||Cumulative Energy Cost|